Any home health aids on here?

I'm thinking of becoming a home health aid and was wondering if any of you ladies that might be home health aids can give me a little bit of info about this career choice. I read some things about it on the internet, but I'm wondering if this job was hard and demanding. I would love to hear all about the pros and cons of becoming a home health aid. Thanks.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you have a big heart and a strong stomach it's not bad. I have friends that love it. I tried for a little while and may go back to it because it seems up my alley. But I have a hard time with other peoples body functions...if I don't it's because I really love them. Might as well give it a shot. Live and learn.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:28 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It doesn't pay that well for what all you are required to do. Here in Oklahoma the average is about $10 to $12 an hour. My sister is a CNA at a 5 star Nursing home and she only made $8.50.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Around here, it is very low pay.. Normally minimum wage - $9.00 an hour. I live in Texas.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Besides being a low paying job, is it a good career?
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010