I accidently closed my question- sorry!

I have been with my bf for almost two years. we have 1 son, 9 mths together. he used to hit me, but not anymore. the only reason he stoped is because my brothers threatened to beat him up. he has not for 3 months. he has always expected me to take care of him and the house, i do all the cooking, all the cleaning, all the taking care of the baby. no matter what i am doing, he excpects me to stop everything and take care of him. even the other night, we and my roommates were watching a moive, he decided he was hungry and i got up to cook, when our son started to get unruly, my roommates bf had to get him, because i could not and my bfwould not. yesterday, he would not let me use the phone, because he didnt want me to. no reason, just that he didnt want me to. i am sick of being treated like a slave, but at the same time, i dont no i cant leave him. any thoughts? is it bad for our son for me to stay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• you need to leave !!!! i think you know that already and just want to see what others think as well. which is fine but you dont want your son to be learning from your stupid dick head boyfriends things, and you should not sit there and deal with his crap either its not healthy for anyone in the house.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the above!!!! what else does he need to do to prove he doesnt love u or ur son?
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 2:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thank goodness he is only your BF..It's easier for you to leave..Raising your son in that environment is not good..Talk to your family, see if they will let you come home for a while..Tell you get your life strait  Good luck

Answer by louise2 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i no this, but y cant i leave? am i that stupid?
    Anonymous

• He is still being abusive, just not with his hands, and you CAN leave, it won't be easy, but keep this in mind- your son is learning how to treat you and other women by watching his father. Also you deserve to be treated like a partner, not a slave. My SS said that to me when I was with my ex, eerily similar situation to yours, but when he drank he hit me, or more really pushed/threw me. If you cannot get help from family, find domestic violence resources in your area.

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Forget that loser! It's time to move on, leave the baggage behind, and put the garbage in the trash. He doesn't appreciate or love you and won't even take care of your son. He's not a good father and you can't even say he's a man because his actions show that he's clearly not. U ALREADY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS. DROP HIS ASS AND KEEP IT MOVING! Good luck babe, stay strong.
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 2:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I knew my answer as soon as I read that they only reason he has not hit you is because your brothers threatened to beat him up. He is a waste to this planet. He wouldn't even stop hitting you until he was afraid he would get hit himself. Thats awful, and yes you need to get your baby and get out of there. What will you do if a few years from now your bf realizes he can disipline his child and beats him around. This is one way he can get his aggression towards you out, by pushing it off onto the child. Get out of there before it gets worse. Please.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• @2:50 you are not stupid, you have to hit your bottom my family kept telling me to leave him, but I felt that I could not - it's part of the control that he has, keep you thinking that if you leave you will be nothing, do nothing- it's not just you its something every person in an abusive relationship goes through.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• U been in this situation for so long that this is what you are use to and have become adapted to. You are not stupid, but you know its time for you to go. I'm quite sure you love him which makes it harder for you to walk away especially since y'all have a son together, but if he's not treating you and your son the way he should, then he is not worth holding on to. IT'S TIME TO ADAPT TO SOMETHING NEW! GO SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU AND YOUR CHILD ARE LOVED AND WANTED.
    Anonymous

• you need to read co-dependent or co-dependency no more by melody ? or women who love to much. you have these issues. i think you can find the strength to leave then
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008