How do you know if you aren't in love anymore?

shruggingI get utterly confused. I see things that have happened and such that could lead to a break up. Then again, I get miserable when I am not with him. I love seeing him and hearing his voice. Im not infatuated, I just feel that its cause i love him very much. Yet.... I question our future. I have a BAD habit of confusing the hell out of myself. I dont even understand me sometimes. lol We are supposedly trying to work on us and thats great but I feel like something is missing.... Rocky past, me having trust issues that im currently trying to fix. Him telling me to put my foot down with him and when I do, its like i have done something horrible.. ugh I can give so many pro's and con's. so back to inital question. How do you know????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• The fact that you are miserable when not with him and love hearing his voice tells me if you are not already in love, you are close. There will be no doubt in your mind when you do fall in love.

Answer by older at 5:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• You may not know. You will just know when you have had enough and have nothing left to give to the relationship.

If you still get excited by hearing his voice, then you still are.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Love is a verb.

It is something you DO, not something you have. When you approach someone with a strong intention of helping them toward their own happiness, and accept and appreciate who they actually are --even if you don't succeed at that 100% of the time (and seriously --is it even possible?!?) you are being loving.

When you approach someone with a strong set of rules and expectations of who they are allowed to be, what is acceptable and what you're allowed to judge them on, you push yourself away from love. If you expect, for example, him to know what you prefer without you saying it, and know what your boundaries are without ever getting anywhere near one (or any hints), and for him to never, ever hurt you accidentally or thoughtlessly... well, you're in no fit state for a mature relationship with anyone because you're hoping to live in La La Land with some cardboard cut out, not a human being.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Love is a choice. You choose to love....good times or bad. For example...my husband and I have been married for 7 years...together for a total of about 10. We have been thru ALOT in our marriage and relationship. Very happy ups and very low low downs. We can feel like we don't love each other anymore at certain times in our marriage but we have always stuck it out and gotten thru those times. Life throws different emotions at you. You choose to stay together and choose to love each other no matter how you are feeling at that moment. People in this society give up way to easily on their relationships without putting up a fight.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• if u miss him when he is gone like really gone not a few hrs but a few days then you will know if its love or not u need space to find the truth
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• we have had space before . like when i went out of state a few days. he misses me after a day or two but doesnt tell me till i get back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• u cant stand being without him,u love his voice,but on the other hand he tells u to put ur foot down and wen u do its wrong to him? im confused but then again u love this guy alot and i can tell.....stick around,u may be closer to falling in love than u realize.....good luck hun
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010