How Many Teeth Should My 1yr Old Have?

My son is 13months and only has 6 teeth 4 up top and 2 on the bottom. The little boy at his daycare is 10 months and has about 8 teeth. I know all childrens teeth come in at different times but it seems like his are taking forever.

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Any number that he has is fine. I had no teeth until I was older that one. My brother had teeth at 6 weeks. Every baby is different and their teeth grow in at different rates.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• As many as have grown in. It is common for babies to have teeth before 3 months --and not until after 15mo. It's genetic and while it would be fun to be in control of, it will happen when it happens and there isn't anything anyone can do about that.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• They do all come in at different times. My 1 year old has about 12 teeth right now. They all pretty much came in at once. Thank goodness, because she wasn't too cranky.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 8:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My dds 14 mths old & barely has 4 teeth. Heard its better, the later they come in the longer they last or so i heard lol
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010