PLZ HELP ASAP!! Newborn just fell on floor.

OMG Please no lectures but I had my 5 week old on top of the large counter as I put a mini heater next to her to air out her diaper rash and I had 2 pillows surrounding her but I went outside to take the trash out and came back in and she was lying flat on her back. It was about 4 foot drop on ceramic tile. No blood, small bump and she cried for a few. Do I take her to the ER as she's only 6lbs.

blondiesrule32

Asked by blondiesrule32 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• GET OFF CM AND TAKE HER TO THE ER!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes, take her now!

Answer by older at 5:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think if you want to be on the safe side it might be a good idea. That is kind of a big fall for a baby so small.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Emergency room asap.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes, if it were me I would take her to the ER, babies are pretty resilient but you never know.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Oh wow... I would say yes, make sure she is ok, and just never leave her unattended again unless she is in a secure place love :) hope shes alright!
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 5:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• simple frownTake her to make sure nothing else is wrong. Stay calm though!

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• GET OFF the computer and go to the ER.

You left a 5 week old on a counter while taking out the trash - don't do that again, it's not safe. And don't ask a bunch of nameless strangers on the internet if your child is ok, ASK A DOCTOR.

Hoping she's ok, but still better safe than sorry.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I hope the baby is okay and everything.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Get off the computer and to the ER. You need to get her rash looked at as well!

As for no lecture, NO! You don't get away without one. What where you thinking? You weren't. Thinking it's not going to happen to you isn't going to prevent it from happening to you. If your not getting enough sleep, have someone watch her for a few hours so you can catch up on it.

Babies roll and they roll a lot. No elevated surface is safe to place a baby on without constant supervision, not even if they are in a car seat. She could have rolled closer to the heater and could have been burned.

If for some reason you have to walk away from, put her back in the crib. If you don't have one, place her on the floor, as long as you don't have animals. Her safety should always be your first priority.

Why is she only 6lbs at five weeks old? Please go to the ER. Go now.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010