When is it appropreate to have sex for the first time with a new boyfriend?

I know when i am comfortable but when is it ok... Ya know how long do you wait so not to be EASY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• that varies person t person.. what do YOU think is okay??
    Anonymous

• i would say until you know he has no std's. if you are not comfortable enough to ask him to get tested, there is no way you should be having sex with him!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 2:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• When you are married!!! Don't have sex until you are married!
    Kayla23boys

Answer by Kayla23boys at 2:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I agree, there is no number! Honestly, I think you should wait until you're prepared to deal with any consequences that come with having sex with someone! Just because he's a great guy doesn't mean he doesn't have an STD...and what if you got pregnant? Remember, protection isn't perfection!

Not to be a prude, but I'd definitely hold off until you're prepared to be stuck with this guy for awhile. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm not a good person to answer this one. It's been a lot of years since I dated, and when I did, I was pretty easy... lol...

Seriously, though, I think everyone has different standards, so there is no "right" answer here.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• What i meant was don't have sex with him until you know he is the one and you are for sure he is the one!
    Kayla23boys

Answer by Kayla23boys at 2:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• FIRST NIGHT. LOL
    Anonymous

• Well...I waited about two weeks before my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. We're still very happily together a year and half later.

I know people that waited months and months and months to have sex, and their relationships were torn apart not long after.

So it's a personal decision. You really should find out about his sexual history though, before you do it with him. My boyfriend was a virgin when we got together so I knew it was safe with him. Nobody can make the decision except you and him!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• While I wish we had waited until we got married DH and I began having sex 4 1/2 months after we began dating.
    Anonymous

• 6 months to a year.

Answer by louise2 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2008