Now I just gotta ask....

A question was posted about what Santa was bringing our kids this year and I answered that Santa never brought anything because we didn't give our kids the Santa story, etc. So far I've gotten 3 thumbs down and an entire paragraph insulting me and dedicated to how wrong I am. So, my question is, what is so important about making your kids believe that someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night...determines if your kids are good enough to get a gift (good or bad) and then leaves them a football when what they really wanted was a pony as opposed to telling them the truth that Santa, nor the Easter Bunny nor the Tooth Fairy exist and avoid them and yourself a whole lot of problems?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• who knows, if you don't raise your kids the way some people on CM do , you are just bad.... so don't worry about it. they like to argue on here . you want to really get to them , let them fight themselves that is funny, sure they will call you names,But I like to just laugh. They can go on for days,, and all you had to do was post and never answer again

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The insults were wrong, everyone has a right to do whatever they think is right for their kids, but I got to tell you there is nothing more magical than having innocent kids believe in Santa, and playing the Santa game. Most kids as grown ups thank their parents for going through the trouble to make those holidays so magical, this is what you are missing.

Answer by older at 5:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• what Santa isn't real? LOL, j/k. I think its rather stupid to vote someone down, but then again, for some reason people feel better if they click on that thumbs down button. I have never used the thumbs down button. I might disagree with someone, but I already made a few rules for myself after being on this site. Be cautious and respectful to others beliefs and thoughts. Agree to disagree. If someone wants to attack me that is their choice, my choice is to play into their game and keep the fire burning? No, i won't play that game. I got one life to live and believe me its not going to be wasted telling someone their wrong. I am learning my own things. I like to debate as long as the other party is mature and can pose a question that is logical and does not attack anyone or any religion. I also come to the realization that we are all trying to survive &live the best we can. I want to walk away from any conversation w/ dignity.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think that it should be each parents' choice.

some choose to let them believe in Santa, some do not.

The issue is that many people are not open minded enough to let you have your own beliefs or opinions without feeling threatened by them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• And just for the record, neither my 17 yr old DD, myself, brother, parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc... have been scarred from the experience or had any problems when we found out the truth.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• you really think of it like that? how sad.

Santa does exist- in all of us...or most of us when we help others or give to others and when my kids got to the point where they asked-that is what I told them. The took it VERY well and never called me a liar for having them believe. They are teens and we STILL do Santa. It's always only been a couple of Santa gifts anyway and the rest were always from us...
    If you don't want to do it- then don't but to make him out to be a guy breaking into the house to leave something they never wanted is just sad. I hope you aren't that grumpy about everything!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with someone wanting to tell their kids the truth about Santa not existing, not my business. With that being said, I also see nothing wrong with my (or my parents decision for that matter) about making our kids believe that a fat man in red breaks into our house in the middle of the night, determines whether they are good or bad little girls, drinks the milk and cookies that were laid and leaves them gifts that they might not have asked for. Eh, to each their own.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I can't imagine growing up and not believing in Santa. It definitely is a "magical" thing and I still get the same feeling every Christmas, and now I get to share that with my kids. :)
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 8:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree that is a parental choice, and nobody has a right to insult you. However, I don't believe that I am making my kids "believe someone is breaking into our house...etc, etc, etc" or that I am lying to them. What you are saying about parents that DO play the Santa game is insulting as well.
    _MommyOfEight_

Answer by _MommyOfEight_ at 8:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• That was SO totally not the issue on that question. Don't be absurd.
    jinxandjoy

Answer by jinxandjoy at 5:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010