Does anyone have a LO older than 6 months on prevacid? Thinking my 7 month old needs to be back on.

She sleeps horribly. Has anyone had success in this age group?

ajlarsen

Asked by ajlarsen at 5:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My youngest was on prevacid from about 3 months until 14 months. We had wonderful success with it. Wish it had been around when his brother was an infant.

If she is sleeping horribly it could be the reflux. Mine always had increased reflux when they were learning new positions like learning to sit, crawl, stand because it moved the stomach into new positions. I don't think putting her back on is a bad thing, especially if it makes her more comfortable.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• sleeping "horribly" could be teething too.
    my baby slept through the night from birth to 3 1/2 mos, and now at 6 mos is feeding 3-5 times a night!
    for my baby, i am guessing growth, or teething.
    if you are pretty sure it is reflux, then i would cut dairy before adding medication.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My daughter is on zantac for acid reflux she is 7 months
    NevansMommy

Answer by NevansMommy at 12:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Saying back on makes me think she was off it for some time. If this is the case.. its mystory too. My DS is 9 months old a few weeks ago we had him put back on zantac his reflux came back. i even have to thicken his bottles again or he is spitting up.. except when we realized this it was not because we could see him spitting up he was congested and often looked like he was eatting something and he wasnt... he is much better adn sleeps much better on the zantac now
    Love2HateMe

Answer by Love2HateMe at 8:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2010