What should I do for my Birthday?! :)

My 28th bday is on the 3rd. My bf is on umenployment, and I work about 12-15 hours a week so needless to say we are beyond BROKE. But I would like to do something that day or night. I dont have to but Id like to. Last year I was taken to a Strip Club. I know i know sounds tacky, but it was interesting and hells of fun when we got home hahha.. I told him that small things mean the most to me cause it shows you take the time to think things out. any ideas? if anything I want dinner at Olive Garden or Longhorn!! but I dont think Ill get that....

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 5:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My favorite is when my family makes my favorite dinner with the good dishes on the table and lit candles etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• yeah unfortunately we dont have room for a dining room table, and we have roomates with a baby :/
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Instead of dinner, go for lunch --same foods made by the same folks, but often 25-30% less per meal. And, you can 'celebrate' just by doing things you don't normally do.

Go for tea and something decadent (a small pastry each, or a dessert) at a swish tea shop. Ramble around in antique stores. Visit galleries or museums. Walk in a park and have a picnic (yes, it is possible to dress for a winter picnic, even to take hot food and drinks). Go to the ice rink or the pool, if you rarely do. Go for a drive in the country and stop along the way at some roadside burger place. Take the bus or train somewhere you've never been and explore for a day trip, bringing lunch with you, or finding some funky little cafe there.

Take some art supplies out and draw or paint each other or the view or both. Take the camera out for pictures (you could send copies to relatives for inexpensive Christmas gifts), or make a movie of your fun day.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010