Should I be feeling bad cause I signed up for toys for tots?!?!

My lil man has not had a really good christmas since he was born. He is 6. Its more about family then gifts, but I as his mom still want to feel like i made him happy cause Santa brought him gifts. I applied yesterday, and pick up the gifts the same day I find out sex of my baby! I just feel guilty. yet if you see what the income is, i guess I shouldnt..hmmm

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 5:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• mom dont feel sorry ...im so glad i can give my son almost everything he wants but when i was a kid my mom couldn't make ends meet once we had a plant as a Christmas tree and u know that's my favorite Christmas ever all i got was a doll from the dollar store and makeup for kids i was 5 amd the reason why thats my favorite because she loved me so much she tried her best and that's all i could ever ask for......so keep ur head up high thank god for toy for tots i hope ur baby has a wonderful Christmas and just remember love is what Christmas is truly about :) not money or gifts
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 6:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I applied yesterday too.. if I didn't, my little man would have no presents because I can't even afford a used toy right now. So, don't feel bad.. I'm there with you.. The only thing that I would feel bad about would be if I didn't apply....
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Don't feel bad for trying to give your baby a nice christmas. Everyone needs help every now and then.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If you truly need it, don't feel bad. That's why people like me donate to it...so that children who wouldn't otherwise get things do. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No don't feel bad we all fall on hard times at some point.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• :) you shouldn't feel bad for wanting to give your child a good christmas
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 5:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• dont feel bad :)
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• blowing kissesThanks..

mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Dont feel bad at all. The only people who should feel bad are the people who could give their children presents without it or people who go to several different places to get free gifts
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I really don't want anyone to feel bad....I really love Toys for Tots and the fact that it gives children great Christmas' And if you're truly in need there is absolutely nothing wrong with applying! I just have one question and if I'm out of line then I'm sorry. Is the computer and internet you're using at a library or at someone else's house? It just makes me curious when there are these posts and they are online. Is the internet something that could be cut in order to save money for Christmas? I just view it as a luxury I guess and not a necessity. And totally disregard this if I'm wrong. I don't mean to pick a fight....just wondering and really curious/nosy. :)
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 6:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010