Is She Normal?

My LO just turned 7 months on Thursday, she is a VERY active baby...she is already pulling up and cruising on everything she can. She seems to be slowing down on her eating. She is currently eating 20 oz of formula a day...some days she has 24 oz. She also eats 2 jars of stage 2 foods (1 fruit & 1 veggie) and a few spoonfuls of oatmeal cereal for breakfast. She also has 2 oz of juice for her constipation. She is somewhere between 15-16 lbs and is about 26-27 inches long.

Is she normal?

Momma2Miranda

Asked by Momma2Miranda at 5:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She needs more formula. Shoot for 24-32 oz per day. Make sure she finishes her bottle before she gets the jar food

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• They say when a baby moves fast hitting milestones they are making way for a new baby.
    Anonymous

• Yes that's very normal. My son is 1yr old and he weighs 19pounds and he's "normal".

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree with Butterfly that she should be drinking more formula and LOL @ anon I heard that too.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Babies' appetites change. You don't know why she's not hungry (or why she is) and the why doesn't really matter.

Trust her appetite. Her body knows better than anyone (especially anyone with a blanket chart that is intended for All Babies) whether it needs more food --or less. Don't teach her at this early an age to ignore her body's signals.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't know about the formula but the rest sounds normal, but the rest sounds normal. She is just eager, my oldest was like her, watch out early walking means back ages for you. Try the What to expect the first year, that will answer all your question and then some.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• each baby is different but she sounds normal (: my son hated formula once we started feeding him food lol so its natural for them to start drinking less
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 6:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Her formula intake is a little low, but everything else seems normal. I have a very active baby, too. And actually your dd is bigger than mine by quite a bit. My dd is 14lbs13oz and 27in at 10 months, every baby is different.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• she seems totally normal!! my dd was going the same thing at that age!! i breast feed tho so idk about the formula! every baby is different!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would try to squeeze some more formula in just for nutrition sake but her height and weight seem fine to me! She sounds like a very healthy baby.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 8:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010