Did you decide not to vote?

Out of curiousity....no flaming I promise. For those of you who decided not to vote I am curious why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• My own mother decided not to vote because she was "too tired". My stepdad also gave that excuse.

Well excuse the hell out of me.
    I'm eight months pregnant.
    My crotch is constantly in pain because my daughter's head is pushing on my pelvic bone.
    It hurts for me to stand for a prolonged period of time.
    I'm tired as hell too.
    And I'm still getting myself out to the polls tonight to cast my vote. This is my first election and I'll be damned if a little "tiredness" keeps me from voicing my opinion.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Good for your caitxrawks. Make your voice heard. I hope you feel better soon.
    I voted earlier. I think there is no good excuse for not voting unless you're dead or in a coma. There are ways to get your vote counted like absentee ballots.
    Congrats to all who took the time out of their busy life to make a difference for your country today.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Cait, I know how you feel. The last month was horrible because my son's freakin head was on my pelvic bone and turning in the middle of the night was a bitch. It will be over soon.

Anyway, I voted by mail so I voted two weeks ago.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• caitxrawks bring a chair if you can, I would. Anyway ya I voted already
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 3:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Aw thanks you guys, for being concerned xD It just makes me mad how my mom could compare her tiredness to mine and expect me to keep quiet about it >:(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Good one ....bring a chair. Also, when I voted early there was a curb side voting tent. Look for one of those..I'm sure they'll see why you need it : ) Hang in there and Happy Voting.

oh...about your Mom and Dad...maybe they don't know who they want to vote for. I have an Aunt who isn't going to vote because she's undecided and intimidated. Reason or Excuse? I don't know but it was HER choice even though I don't agree with it.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008