I am a shopaholic that is beginng to hate to shop.....

It seems everytime I go shopping, the sizes shrink. A size 5 in 2000 is equalavent to a size 10 in 2010. It gets very depressing to shop when you always have to go up a size. I mean really, have you seen the "large", it is more like a "small". It is almost like "they"(whoever they is) think if they shrink our clothes it will cure the obisty problem in America. lol

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• Ugh I know! I went to order some hooded sweatshirts a few months back, Got a couple from Aeropostale, a couple from American Eagle, and then one from Hollister. Well, I have huge boobs which means I usually have to buy a size large in order for anything to dip up over my chest. Well, the Aeropostale hoodies were smaller than the American Eagle hoodie, but the Hollister one was the smallest of all. I couldn't believe it!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• eh.....a size is just a number....don't strive to fit into a number....strive to stay healthy and fit.....and always wear clothes that fit (whether it be large or small 5 or 10).....I can garuntee you'll look better and skinnier if you actually fit into your clothes rather than fitting your body into a number you think you should be!
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 6:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• P.S. As long as you have the money I say shop on!! :)
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 6:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I know, I'm having a very difficult time finding jeans that fit me. I guess my size will be nonexistent soon. I was a size 5 in high school, now apparently a size 1, but I haven't changed a bit. I weigh the same as I did then.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 6:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• bowing downOMG, so what you are telling me is it's the clothes, not me?

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Nanixh: yeah hollister makes really small clothes, even their mens clothes are made small. i dont really shop there anymore unless its something i GOT to have which is rare.
    kmjsmommy12345

Answer by kmjsmommy12345 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• And you wear a different size with each brand you buy! Ugh.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Shop resale stores.

I like Stacy from What Not to Wear --her advice is to take a sharpie marker with you and when you've found something that fits, buy it and write the number you like on the label.

Sizes used to mean something. They don't anymore.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's a NUMBER. Who cares? If the clothes look good on you then who the heck gives a rats patootie what the size is? Who knows that other than you (and your dry cleaner depending on what the clothes are). If you're experiencing this kind of thing so often it's bugging you this much then perhaps you need to stop shopping so much....you may require treatment if you truly are an addict....

Clothing sizes have nothing to do with the obesity problem. People who eat too much garbage and don't exercise are causing that.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I just want everyone to know I am not really a shopaholic...lol I do like to shop, but it is not a problem. And girls, it is not us! Our asses are not getting bigger, the clothes are in fact shrinking...lol
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2010