If somebody you love died is an accident and you were adviced not to see the person again and "to remember him the way he was" ... would you listen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I faced this as well, and I will tell you it will be something that you will never forget, and I wish I would have listened at the time.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I was faced with this at one point and now I dream about the body that I saw, not the person that I knew and loved, I would take the advice.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Nope
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 6:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If it were someone very dear to my heart I wouldn't want to see them like that I'm not that brave. I get really emotional and their face after the accident would go through my mind all the time. I couldn't take that.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• if it was my husband then no I wouldnt listen. I wouldnt be able to. I probably would feel I would need to be with him one last time.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 6:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• depending on how bad they said his/her face was probably not. like a PP said i'd get nightmares
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• yes, Id rather remember the real person and not the body in casket
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 6:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It would probably depend. I know that before I had witnessed someone die (I was holding FIL's hand as he passed) I would have definitely listened. Now it would depend on who and how s/he died.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my mom was found dead in her apt, she had been there 5 days during August heat, no AC...I wanted to go to the morgue but they would not allow it. They gave me the reasons and they were right i didn't need to see her.
    but now my sister in law died of cancer and the nurse allowed us to say goodbye and it wasn't a good idea because now I have that memory of her laying there looking like a skeleton
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010