How should I react?

Im not close to my family first off. But I want to be. They are several hundreds of miles away but that is not an issue as the member Iwant to visit travels two times a year to Mexico to be with husbands family and at least once to Texas to see his brothers (sister lives in Florida). They are wealthy and the travel expense is nothing for them, so thats not an issue. I invited my sister to come to my house for Thanksgiving two months ago.

I reminded her a month ago and she said it would depend on finances and she would get back to me closer to the time.

Today on facebook her daughter's page has an update that she wont be on for about a week since they are going to Texas for the week.

I posted on my sisters wall, a question that read why she didnt tell me, and that she needs to private email me and that its about time to be honest with me.

How else am I to react but with hurt and anger over this.

tsjpop

Asked by tsjpop at 6:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I know how you feel, my family doesn't come to visit me much, and I have really lost touch with them. Wait until you get the private email with the honesty in it. THen decide. There could be a valid reason. Maybe call your sister and ask her about it. Try your best to remain calm and thank her for her honest.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i would not post anything on facebook, then say call me or email me
    facebook has become a drams nightmare
    you say just enough crap, then back off and everyone and their brother aks you what is up-very childish

i would have called her up, asked if she was coming, if she said no i am going to texas, i would say-have a good safe time, have to run, baby crying and be done, ball in her court

have a great thanksgiving without her
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I tried to call, 3x, at 6pm her daughter answered the phone,said that my sis said to tell me she was sick and had to go to bed early. Itried that. I left a message the other two times. I have texted her cell phone twice, called it without leaving a message so caller I.d. would show that I called. She did not bother to get back with me that they were not coming here. LIke my time and planning doesnt matter. How am I supposed to react to this?
    tsjpop

Comment by tsjpop (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well, I doubt harassing her online and calling/texting numerous times and making demands will fix the situation. She's made her choice, chalk it up to lesson learned, and move on. Your holiday will be what you make it.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• dont over do it just calim down ur sister has to have a reason to act this way just call her and ask
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 12:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010