Calling all hair dressers, need some advice(:

So ive only died my hair 3 times being that im 18. I originally have dirty blonde hair. I died it for the first time in Augest in which i died it red. Then Sept. & Oct. I died it really dark brown which looked cute! I used demi-permanant hair dye all 3 times. I really like the dark brown but when my roots start to come in they look grey because the dirty blonde contrasted with the dark brown. So i want to go a golden blonde...will i need to bleach my hair...i really DONT want that. Any advice on exactly what i need to do? Its VERYYYYYY much apprichiated(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• yes, you will need to lighten your colored-hair, (and no, you can't lighten colored hair with haircolor..a lightening product will need to be used)to achieve the golden-blonde shade overall. i will not tell you how to do it..you're only asking for trouble. you'd be better advised to have it professionally done.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Go to a professional, don't do it yourself...its fun at first, but then you get yourself in trouble! Believe me I know I've been there. Bleaching your own hair can be a bad idea. There is also all natural ways of stripping your hair.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am a hair dresser and the person that first answered your question was 100 percent on. Box color is not going to get you what you want. Dont even attempt it cause I can promise you it wont work. Your best bet is to go into a salon to get it done. Box colors are a big NO NO!! GL
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am not a licensed hair dresser but I did got through the schooling and the other ladies are right, you will need to lighten your hair first but DO NOT try it at home trust me, it is worth the money you pay at a salon to have it done.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Its always worth it to go to a salon for dramatic changes then maintain them at home! Call around to salons & see if they are having any new client specials! Also, go to your local beauty school! its so much cheaper, they usually don't allow tips, & you are helping people out!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 1:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010