Sleep number bed

Does anyone have a sleep number bed? How long have you had yours and do you like it? If you don't like it why not and when you buy it do you get just the mattress or is it a whole bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Health

• I dont know a whole lot about the bed but a friend of mine has one and said its not worth it.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I stayed at a Radisson Hotel and they had sleep number beds. It took me half an hour to find "my number" which was irritating. But once I found the number that felt the most comfortable to me, I fell asleep instantly! I had great sleep for a couple hours, but then woke up very uncomfortable. The bed felt lumpy, as if I was sleeping on top of a bunch of bowling balls. So I kept waking up all night from the lumpiness and I'd have to adjust the # throughout the whole night. It was awful. I woke up unrested and fatigued. Definitely wouldn't purchase one myself.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my paretns have one and they love it! u can keep ur bed frame it just the mattress type thing! it takes up to 2 weeks to get used to the bed so u have to give it a chance! my parents bought it to help my moms really bad back and it kinda works for her but her back is super bad so she does not have normal back pain! when we stay at my parents house and sleep in their bed i hate their bed! we are never there long enough to get used to it so it hurts and i cant sleep! my parents said if they had to redo that they would still buy the sleep number vs the temper bed thing or a real mattress!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My dad and step mom had one. Part of the frame work around the inflatable part of the mattress broke, and it would've been expensive to get it fixed/replaced, so my dad ended up sleeping on the couch for a while instead. They liked it until it broke, but not when they saw quick the side wore down.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010