Im kind of embarassed

I can no longer shave down there anymore because i've gotten so big i cant see and i dont want it to be all gross and nasty looking during the birth even though i know it wont be a pretty sight anyways lol, any suggestions,stories or comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That was the only time I have ever trusted someone else to put a razor on my body. My husband did it for me for the last coupe of months. But honestly, that is the LAST thing the doctors and nurses are going to be worried about. My mom was a labor and delivery nurse, and she always thought it was so funny when women came in all groomed and primped.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• have your significant other shave it?
    Anonymous

• If you're worried about whether the nurses and doctor will think it's nasty...I promise, they won't. They've seen more vaginas than you can imagine...hairy, bald, smelly, clean, big, small, light, dark. You name it, they've examined it. No matter how bad you THINK yours is, there will always be someone with a worse one.

For your personal comfort, you could ask your SO to trim it for you, or you can do like I do and blindly shave. I just feel for any hair and shave that particular spot LOL! And a handheld mirror helps, it's a little weird looking at everything backwards, but it's better than nothing if you're determined to stay groomed =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i stopped shaving cuz my bellys so huge i cant even see down there much less reach it lol my husband offered to do it but i was afraid of him slicing me with the razor. i just sat on the edge of the tub on a day when i was feeling kinda flexible and did it by feel and u miss some spots but its better than a bush lol i cant reach my toes to paint them either but i just sat on the toilet with the seat down and do one toe at a time
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I was gonna say that, or go get it waxed by a professional. That should keep it for a couple days and don't cost to much. Or like the others sd have your husband do it, or blind shave...lol...I blind shaved
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 3:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• you can always go to a salon and have them wax or shave that area for you. its about the only time women can fathom letting someone else touch a razor to that area.
    TotallyWarped

Answer by TotallyWarped at 3:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• omg it is going to be such a disaster down there anyway, why even worry! I mean, a baby's head is going to stretch your vag open and there's going to be blood and tissue and all kinds of crap coming out, that I wouldn't even worry about a little hair. Let's have some perspective people!
    Anonymous

• if you have a boyfriend or husband, it coudl be sexy time. lol. like get in the shower and have him shave it for you. no offense, becuas i haveexpericenced it to, but when you get bigger, u dont feel as sexy anymore, so you don have sex as often. or maybe not? but it cud be a gud sexual thing for you and him! or just go get it waxed a few before your due date or just like put nair on it, idk if tyat wud work tho becuase you coudll not see were u were applying it, but still, gud idea!
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• nobody cares. they arent looking to see if you have hair or not. it does not matter. and when that baby is coming out of you that is the LAST thing you are going to be thinking about.
    Anonymous

• i cant see it an i still do it. I do it by feel and i have never cut myself. when im done i have my SO come check to see if i missed anything any most the time the answer is no.
    Anonymous