Ok, so I usually have things under control...so I am ashamed to ask, but my twin girls that are eight are driving me nuts! help.....

I have twin girls that are eight years old. I dont know what is getting in to them but all they do if fight, argue and whine! I hate whining...its so annoying! So I dont want to spank them, but I feel like I am going to have to..because they are not listening to me one bit. I feel like I usually have this under control, I have two teens! But these two are something esle...arghh! Its like when I talk they dont hear a word I am saying. And is this normal to still be crying over everything, whining, and acting like a baby? I dont know what to do. help

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• My friend has a family kindness chart in her kitchen. The kids get points for doing the kind things on the chart. Then after a week ot two they get to go out for ice cream, out to lunch, day trip, etc. Has worked wonders for her. Just one idea.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My sister and I are 15 months apart and we fought like crazy when we were little. My mom would make us sit together on the couch and hug. It was a great punishment, because after about 10 minutes we were playing and best friends again.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The thing with that though, is my girls are not going to sit there and hug lol...even if I try to force them it's going to make my blood pressure go sky high from them screaming like two year olds. I will try it though.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The whining and fighting, I think, is just a phase they go through. My son is almost 9 and he still acts like he's 3 sometimes. Throwing little tantrums and crying over things. The other day, he wanted ice cream, and I told him he had to finish his REAL food before he got junk food. Well, he didn't want to eat ALL of it, so I caved, and told him if he finished HALF he could have ONE scoop, or if he finished ALL, he could have TWO scoops. He got all mad and threw himself on the couch and cried...even though I gave him what I thought was a fair choice. In about 5 minutes, he was over it, ate his food and got his ice cream. The fighting thing...I agree with elizabr. I do that too...if my kids fight, or are rude to each other, they get an F, for every F they get, TWO stars are taken away...for every NICE thing they do, they get ONE star, plus, they have chores to do too that earn them stars. But bad things have worse consequences.
    cnice1976

Answer by cnice1976 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2010