I was dignosed with GAD just wondering if there are any other Mommies out there with this too?

It is Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I tend to worry about everything all the time! I grew up in a not so good household so that seems to hold into my head and actions! I am trying to take back my life these days! Just wondering if there is any other ladies out there with this and wondering what actions they are taking to help themselves to get on the right track? Meds? Doctors? Self help? It would be great to be able to have others to talk to to be buddies to help eachother out!

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have that. It's not fun. I worry about everything and can't shut my brain off at night so I suffer from insomnia. I don' t want to take meds so I try to reduce my stress levels as much as possible. I pray a lot and try to give up problems to God so I don't carry them around with me. I had a tough childhood too so I think we are wired this way from living under a constant state of stress as a child. It carries over into our adult lives. I never feel safe, when I should. Good luck.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have it as well. I have been on anxiety medications and I have had some hypnotherapy done. I think that overall the hypnotherapy worked pretty well for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I also have it. I did therapy and I'm on medication. I take Effexor XR. It works for me, but I wouldn't recommend it. The withdrawl is awful. Therapy is a wonderful tool and one you should use if you're comfortable talking to someone about your anxiety. It helps to have an unbiased third party to help you understand your feelings. Good luck and feel free to message me if you want to talk.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010