Why is it that only Straight people believe being Gay is a choice?

This question came up on another site & I was just wondering what opinions I'd get here...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Religious Debate

• – collapse
    Because people who choose to be gay also choose to believe that it wasn't their choice to make there choice seem less offensive.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 7:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• "Because people who choose to be gay also choose to believe that it wasn't their choice to make there choice seem less offensive. "

LOL riiiiiight.
    Their life isn't anymore offensive thany yours is....well, except for what you wrote here.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I really don't know either. It would seem those same people have poor math skills. If it is a choice to be gay then it is a choice to be straight. They sound like a bunch of closet cases if you ask me
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Offensive fourisplenty? You have no clue what you are talking about do you? Puhleeze lets not use the tired excuse of having gay friends or family as a defence. That dog won't hunt
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It just shows their lack of understanding and the iimportance of their hearts...to judge others in order to feel superior within their own lives. And to help feel better about their own "choices" of sin.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• who said anything about sin? surely there are people who believe gay is a choice and don't believe in sin. somewhere out there... :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am heterosexual and I chose who I was going to have sex with. I have never not made a choice.

Anonymous

• I'm straight and I believe being gay is genetic.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Because it IS their choice.....you have a choice in ANYTHING you do, believe, etc.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Because those straight people who chose to believe that homosexuality is a choice have chosen to judge others by their own ignorance?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010