New mommy seeks help!!!

My son is 10 weeks old, and lately he's started to be very naggy.I know, nothing is physically wrong with him, he just wants to be held ALL THE TIME. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE him very much and would love to be able to hold him all the time, but obviously cannot. But this constant crying and nagging is making me EXTREMELY EXTREMELY stressed, on edge and VERY VERY anxious, it making me feel sad, and cranky too!!!!!! Has any one else had this problem and felt this way, and if so, what suggestions do u have to help out!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 8:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He want sot be close to his mother. Get yourself a good double ring sling and wear him. You will both feel much better.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 8:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• get a sling and wear him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I bought a Moby wrap and wore mine most of the time. I liked it better than any of the ring slings. I could not even tell that I was wearing a baby.

You held him for 9 months inside so he is used to hearing everything about you. Him being away and not having an understanding of the things around him, make him insecure.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i cant imagine wearing a 10 month old my back would just kill me. i have this problem as well at 2 and 4 year olds and obiously im not going to wear them or be having them on my hip all day. this is where you may have to sit boundaries. you are not a couch you are mommy and he needs to learn to self soothe a bit. give him a blankie or a stuffy. but unfortunatly until he gets the hint and understands you cant hold him 24/7 you may just have to try and ignore it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• put him in a swing or boncer turn on cartoons that should give u a few minutes of peace
    sophia237

Answer by sophia237 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Get used to it...that is a boy thing. My son is almost 2 and STILL acts like that. Doesn't help that I'm having baby #3 any day now.... It sucks but everyone I talked to said it is a boy thing and they will grow out of it eventually. Boys cling to their mommy.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Don't be ashamed to ask someone to watch him for a little while when you get stressed. It does neither one of you any good if you are on the edge or cranky. And remember, it gets better and easier.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No TV for a baby that young
    Anonymous

• get a sling or a wrap im pro baby wearing. it wont last forever and yes its true boys do seem to be more clingy to mommy. as he gets older he will want his space to play but right now hes still little. I know its stressfull right now but some day he will be a toddler and you wont be able to get him cuddle you at all. Take a deep breath and relax it gets easier as they get bigger.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• At 10 weeks, the Moby wrap was *the* trick. Everyone always commented on how "calm and alert and serious" DD was.

I made a Mai Tei style wrap at 15 lbs. I use it for back carrying. I also have an Ergo for back carrying. You can back carry with a Moby, but I got a good deal on the Ergo and I made my Mai Tei myself.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010