BARTHOLIN CYST, What do you know of them?-TMI adult content

I have a lump in my vaginal area on my right lip (no it isn't a std) that's about the size of a dime. Its hurts a lot and its under the skin is seems like. I've had it for about 4days and it's not going away. I called the doctor and they cant see me until Friday. If you have had one what were your symptoms? I'm not sure I have one but I couldn't imagine what else it could be. Did it go away on it's own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Health

• i know my mom used to get these and she would be in really bad pain and most times had to go to the doc or the er and have them lanced. not sure if they still do it that way but thats what they did for her.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• A girlfriend of mine had one when she was staying with me for a while. She went to the ER and they lanced it and gave her antibiotics. Apparently its rather common for women to get -- infection of the hair follicles.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I get them sometimes but not that big. At some point you can actually pop them and get this white stuff and blood out. Not sure about one that big though. Gross
    Hurts like hell until it pops though.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It might be a Bartholin's Gland Cyst. They can be painful. I would Google that and see if you think that's what your symptoms are like.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My sister gets these cyst, and she's had them rupture which is even worse then having them in the first place. If your pain level is high I'd go to the e.r. tell them what's going on, and maybe they can help you quicker than your doctor.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2010