how do i get my 2 year old to go potty in the potty

i would like to train my 2 year old to use the bathroom

sophia237

Asked by sophia237 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used candy as a reward m&m like 2 when he went
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 8:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Google "toilet training readiness" to see if he/she is ready.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• At 2 my daughter loves to sit on her potty and the big potty, and wipe herself. She has never went in either however. It's just something fun for them to do, she gets the concept, but at 2 their muscles are not developed enough to start toilet training yet, and by trying to force it you are just setting yourself up for failure and dissapointment. I've been told by the help me grow nurse that comes to visit us that 2 is way too early, 2 1/2 is a more appropriate age to start trying to potty train. All over the internet is information about it, do a search on ask.com or google.com about toilet training readiness or something of the like.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I've also been told by our pediatrician that 2 1/2 is a more appropriate age to start toilet training.
    jennifer815

Answer by jennifer815 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• With my son we just started putting him on the potty, we use candy and a sticker chart for rewards. He either gets 2 jelly beans for going or a sticker for his chart.
    He is fully trained at home but he goes to daycare part time and he won't go for her so we are working on that.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010