Does this sound right to you???

At about 24ish weeks I began to have cramps, back pain and assumed all was normal like the Dr. told me at my appointment. At 26 weeks I was still crampy pretty much around the clock and woke up with horrible contractions. I waited the hour or so......against my better judgement then went into labor and delivery. I was put on a monitor that would not even track the babies heart beat unless I was hold the monitor and the one they used for contractions was practically on my chest. After an hour the nurse said they did not see anything wrong, the contractions had let up some, but was for sure still having them. I told her there was something wrong. She called the doctor who told her to check my cervix. I was dialated to cm on the outside, she said that was normal and sent me home. I have a history of preterm labor and my water has always broke at 36 weeks with both my other children. It is almost week 28 and I still cramp around the clock.....what should I do? Has anyone else heard of this being normal???

ambernicole531

Asked by ambernicole531 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Does this sound like you?

http://www.irritable-uterus.com/

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well, you have had two previous children...so you have a pretty good idea of what is normal and what is not normal with you. Did all your children have the same Dr.? If you feel your Dr is not doing everything that you would like them to do, maybe it's time to get a new doctor, or at least a second opinion. Even if you feel you have a loyalty to him/her, you have an even higher loyalty to you unborn baby. GOOD LUCK, I hope all goes well! :)
    _MommyOfEight_

Answer by _MommyOfEight_ at 8:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Thats not normal.At 28 weeks your cervix should not be dilating. Was this your Dr who said this? I had babies early at 37, 36 and 35 weeks with contractions from about 26 weeks but they were never considered normal.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• have you been checked for infections. certain infections during pregnancy will cause your uterus to become irritable and cause contractions.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No, is a new doctor this time around. My last one was far more on top of things with the others and would definately show concern at this point about dilating at 26 weeks, and by thirty weeks I was on bedrest with them and at 36 weeks they were here. I am not a loyal person, I am more hoping it is normal.
    ambernicole531

Comment by ambernicole531 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would go see another doctor Just to make sure because at least then you may get additional testing and monitoring. Considering your history I would also suggest you try to take it easy and stay off your feet until you can get in to see someone else. Have you made sure to drink plenty of water to make sure you are not dehydrated? That may help some with the cramps and contractions. I hope things work out good for you guys, good luck and take care of yourself. Remember only you know your body best. Don't take no for an answer until you are satisfied that all things have been done to ensure you and your babies health is at it's best.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010