Need answer fast! Water break?

I am 36 wks along with my 3rd pregnancy. With my 2 previous babies, I had my water broken at the hospital so I'm not sure what to expect. Went to the restroom, as I was walking out I thought I "peed" or leaked a little of a watery discharge. After another 3 or 4 steps this happened again. I put on a pad and laid down for a while. I read that if your water broke it would have a certain smell so I went to check the pants I had taken off after the previous incident. While headed to the laundry room I had a large gush (through pad, underwear, and pants) lasting bout 20-30 seconds. No sweet smell but also didnt smell like urine either. Basically no smell at all. I'm not having any contractions and haven't noiticably leaked any since the big gush. (approx. 20 min ago) I have been laying down since. Has my water broke? Suggestions on what to do?

gmb1986

Asked by gmb1986 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it...get it checked! GL
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Sounds like it. Monitor for contractions and maybe call your OB. No need to rush to the ER but you should let your Dr know because your baby is at risk of infection now.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• a big gush that completely soaked through sounds like the real deal, call your doctor and see what he or she says...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• call your dr if your water did break hes probably going to want you to go to labor and delivery. once your water breaks your baby is at risk for infection if not delivered with in a time frame.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Call Labor & Delivery. They told me once the water broke you can get an infection so call them and let them know

Answer by admckenzie at 8:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Might be your water.
    You still have several weeks to go so you might not expect labor for a good while yet.
    Some women have to walk around for weeks or even months leaking~
    Hopefully yours will heal, though.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010