are all 6 yr old boys obsessed with just one thing

My son is obsessed with goosebumps!!!
He goes to nextflix.com and has a list of goosebumps movies in Queue and checks them everyday to make sure his choices have not been moved
we go to the library and he wants to look only at the goosebumps books
he is always talking about the movies, evil things from the movies he thinks are funny. He loves halloween because it is the one time of the year the shows are on TV.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 8:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh boy can I relate!!!! My six year old was a Goosebumps fanatic too. Yes, at first I restricted that but he started with the books. The shows he didn't find until he was seven. And frankly, if your six year old is reading that level, he is a GOOD reader! My son and his friend collected these books, they passed them back and forth, traded the books and later the movies. It was very cute. Everything Goosebumps all of first and part of second grade...I've been there!
    Good news, is by third grade they grow out of it and move onto other things. My son went right into the percy Jackson Books, he saw lightening theif movie and then proceeded to read ALL the books. They are great! So enjoy Goosebumps while it lasts, it was fun!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 8:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No. I'm not sure I would let a 6 yr old watch or read Goosebumps. My son was really into those from about 4th to 7th grade. A little intense for a 6 yr old I think, but he's your son.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• very good!!!! if he is into those books so much that means he is reading and has excellent comprehension skills for a 6 year old. you should be proud.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2010