Is it really NOT about race???

OK I understand that not everyone is voting for Obama because of his race, although there are some that are and are not voting for him because of his race. I don't agree with that obviously, I didn't vote for Obama but it was because I don't agree with his policies. ANYWAYS there are people associated with Black Panthers in Philly who have been trying to intimidate voters. Blocking them as they are trying to walk in and saying "we will have a black pres." and they are holding nite sticks and stuff. How can anyone say its not about race for alot and dare I say most people???? Could you imagine if white people were trying to intimidate black voters, the news would be all over the place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It IS about race for many, many people.
    But I don't think those people would be willing to openly admit it.

I do think that the majority of people in this country are good, informed voters, REGARDLESS of who they're voting for. It's sad that the extremists are tainting the names and reputations of these good, informed voters.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i agree with you.... its ridiculous. that should be just as racist than if white people said that.
    Anonymous

• Ha. Do you really think whites DIDN'T use to intimidate black voters?????????? In fact, there are still reports in EVERY election that black voters have been disenfranchised. Read a history book. Yikes. No, it's not about race, at least for those of us that are intelligent and informed voters.
    Anonymous

• right anon at 1:11 but now a days racism should be racism regardless of who is delivering it.

Anonymous

• I totally agree with you, its sad when it's ok for some ppl and not other. JMO
    Anonymous

• IMO, that's what's scary! As anon @12:11 states. Whites did intimidate black voters way back when. Now, intead of trying to be intellegent about it, some blacks are trying to return the favor. These are the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharton types that refuse to move forward and choose to be "injured" because of their ansestors histories.
    Anonymous

• Well, I know there was another question very similar to this one that got very out of hand and was deleted. I know that I have seen some voters on tv that were black and were not voting for Obama because of his policies. This had nothing to do with his race. People are only making it a race issue because for once in out lives a "partially" black man is running for president.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2008