What can I do about selfish boyfriend??

How can I get my boyfriend to care enough to think about me. Now this is just an example.. Tonight he got home and he had gotten food from a rib place. He got food for himself and his kids. Didn't say a word to me, like "Oh Im sorry I didn't bring you anything". Nothing he just sat down and ate. Meanwhile I had brought him a sub home earlier in the day that was waiting for him in the fridge. The point is he didn't even bother to think maybe his pregnant girlfriend might be hungry. I always think about him and bring him things. What can I do to make him less selfish?

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• You can't change him,but you can control your own actions. If you can't stomach his actions,and who could blame you,then send him packing

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's a lot harder to leave someone when you are having his baby in a couple months. I just need some advice about what I can do, not to really change him, just have him think about someone other than himself.
    Kelli1012

Comment by Kelli1012 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Do the same to him, I know it sounds immature but it worked with my DH. I love bringing home stuff or buy little things for him and my DD. My DH would not do the same thing so I stopped doing it for him. He has decided to start being a little more thoughtful now.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 9:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• men need to be told they are being inconsiderate, or they will keep being that way. Relationships are always a work in progress. Tell him how you feel and that the next time he goes out and gets food he needs to think of you as well. And until he starts thinking about you stop thinking about him and go eat his sub
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Never leave him over that. I really dislike when advice like that is given. Selfish yes but wait till you have that baby he will be so all over you and the baby. GL momma.....
    Anonymous

• dont give in to what he wants u tell him this is what i want give it to me
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Have u tried talking to him. Most men u have to direct. If that doesnt work, reverse it and mayb he will see how it feels
    mbrown215

Answer by mbrown215 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sorry-this guy seems like a supreme asshole! I don't think you should wait for the baby to be born-he will never change! I would have pitched such a fit that he would have choked on those stinking ribs. Sounds like you need some backbone baby! You need to call bullshit where you see bullshit-and you need to do it loud and clear. Don't sit there sniveling quietly in some corner and expect him to figure out what is wrong and change himself. Do it now!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh believe me I let him have it. I never said I was keeping it to myself. He knows exactly what he did wrong and I will not continue to bring him things and think of him if he is not doing the same. I just wanted some advice about what to do make him think of someone other than himself.
    Kelli1012

Comment by Kelli1012 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• hunny all i gotta say is good luck....sounds like you have the guy that no girl needs in their life! my soon to be ex hubby was-is,and always will be like that.....there is no changing him.....even after out son was born he was still the same....i thought he would change after we had our daughter but he didnt.....then our daughter passed away 2 weeks after she was born and he still didnt change....he will never change!!! if you get lucky and find a cure for these men in the world please let other women know so they dont have to end up like me! i was in a 6 year relationship with the guy i just told you about.....he didnt ever change....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010