Do you have any Christmas Memories when you were little

I had one Christmas memory when I was about 12 or 13 my mom and dad gave me my very first cell phone lol... Do you have any Christmas Traditons that you do with your kids...

Mommasgirl2010

Asked by Mommasgirl2010 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• All my Xmas memories were great except for one year. On Xmas morning, the furnace gave out! And since it was Xmas, no one would come out to fix it. So we have pictures from that Xmas with everyone with their coats on. LOL!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 8:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• This is actually kind of sad now that I think about it. When I was little, I would lie under the tree looking up, and take my glasses off. I am so nearsighted, the lights would all blur into these fuzzy round shapes almost like oval snowflakes. DS is just as badly nearsighted, so now I tell him to do it. Poor kid!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have tons! My favorite present I remember getting was this dollhouse that was like 5 feet tall. It was taller than I was at the time. I was ecstatic on Christmas morning, lol! I also love the memory of how my dad was on the freaking roof ringing jingle bells on year, hahaha. My brother and I always slept in the same bed when we were little on Christmas Eve. We always got along great on Christmas Eve because we were both so freaking excited, of course! When we heard those jingle bells, I remember telling my little brother, almost in a panic, that we had to go to sleep immediately or Santa might leave, lol! Traditions we have/had are always going to church on Christmas Eve, driving around looking at lights after, then going out to dinner. We'd then listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies until we went to bed. Christmas day is full of ever more traditions. I love Christmas!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• This is actually kind of sad now that I think about it. When I was little, I would lie under the tree looking up, and take my glasses off. I am so nearsighted, the lights would all blur into these fuzzy round shapes almost like oval snowflakes. DS is just as badly nearsighted, so now I tell him to do it. Poor kid! "

That is kinda sad, but it's also cute and kinda funny, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

• I think the thing that I remember the most is the excitment on Christmas Eve. I remember telling myself to go to sleep so that morning would come quicker.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• These are wonderful Christmas Memories :o) and Traditon's Thank you so much
    I can not wait for my Daughter's first christmas this year... I do have a Tradition that I use to do when I was little,
    I was the only Child in my Family so my mom and dad used to give me anything and everything, So eversince I was 2 my mom and I would be in the Kitchen making Christmas Cookies and we would leave them out for Santa and Carrot's for the reindeer and my mom and dad and I would sit in the living room and watch the Christmas Story again, again and again it was just the best movie ever lol
    I can not wait to cherrish the memories and Traditions and pass it on to my Daughter when she gets older :o)...
    Mommasgirl2010

Comment by Mommasgirl2010 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I remember pretty far back. I remember Christmas Eve's at my grandmother's with all of my cousins when I was little, and when I was 7 we moved from Los Angeles to Ohio, and it hadn't snowed yet by Christmas. Santa brought me a sled, and I sat on that sled by the window all morning waiting for it to snow. My parents kept telling me it might not snow, and if it did there probably wouldn't be enough to sled ride, but just before noon it started snowing.....and snowing.....and snowing, and by afternoon there was enough snow to go sled riding. My first snow, my first sled, all on Christmas Day. I have lots of other memories, but that's my favorite.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• when i was about 6or7 i always wonted grape popcycles for christmas but i never got them when my brothers and sisters ran to the tree i would run to the refrigerator...to be disapointed again.
    lovelyme9o

Answer by lovelyme9o at 11:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010