How do you feel about breast feeding in public?

I do avoid it if possible, but if we are out and she just can"t wait, i will feed her but cover it all up with a baby blanket or a cardigan etc.

loleah

Asked by loleah at 8:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Covering up is fine.

2096This isnt' fine.

anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 9:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't have a problem with it. I think its cool to see a mom nursing in public.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• just do it... :-)
    the more nursing moms do it.. the more people will see.. the more it will be norm.. and hopefully the more people will chose to breastfeed..

i dont care if people show their boob or not.. woman let their boobs hang out allllll the time when they are not nursing.. but people only get outraged & feel ok to confront them if they have a baby attached..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i don't normally even notice.
    once i noticed because the child looked like a 4 year old, but even then i didn't think it was a big deal.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have no problem with it. Breastfeeding is a natural thing, and should be encouraged. The only way others will feel comfortable with it is by seeing women doing it in public. Hurray for mommy's milk!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• 100% for it, in Oregon we have a law supporting breast feeding :-) It is a wonderful thing.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 9:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I always fed my babies where and when they were hungry. I never used a cover, they attract more attention then anything else.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Was it really necessary to use that language? Really?!

if it bothers you, use the OBSCENITY FILTER that CM has given you... go to settings, enable it. get over yourself.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I encourage it.
    :-D

Isn't our priority to care for baby??

If people are not used to seeing something (any subject) then it's not *normal.*
    Breastfeeding in public normalizes breastfeeding.
    Which is important for babies at home or out & about!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• if it bothers you, use the OBSCENITY FILTER that CM has given you... go to settings, enable it. get over yourself.
    ________________
    oh, I thought we were here to respect each other. I don't mind swearing, but when it is used to disrepect someone else is what I have a problem with. I teach my students that action like that is a form of bullying. I, for one, stand up to bullies.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010