What conversation do you share around the dinner table.

I always get stuck about what to talk about. Their day, school, DHs day, Tomorrows plans. Any other ideas?

loleah

Asked by loleah at 9:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• Every night, we go over what we did today a nd take turns telling our favorite parts of the day (why & how we felt) and least favs. My dd4's fav today was watching Gummi Bears because she thought it was funny, and her least fav part was when her brother turned the lights off her in the basement. My ds6's fav part of the day was having pizza for dinner because it was SO good and his least fav part was- best day ever.

My dh was at work already, but I shared mine too. This is a ritual with us.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Sometimes after that, we'll play a game, like I spy or 20 questions.
    txdaniella

• silly stuff i have little kids :) i like knowing what they are thinking!!!!
    natalieumphrey

Answer by natalieumphrey at 10:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My kids are older, but we talk about their day, I ask about their friends, we talk about music, what movies they've seen, and what they want to see. I'll ask about their teachers, What the best thing that happened at school was. We make plans, like right now we talk about the holidays, what things they're looking forward to, if they want to try some new foods, or do some new things, we'll talk about our favorite holiday memories, etc. Sometimes we'll talk about things on the news, or get into conversations about what they're studying at school, and what their ideas are about those things.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Mine are teens. After the status on the day, and plans for the next day or the weekend, we sometimes talk about school specifics, or current events. Intimate stuff usually doesn't come until evening -- yes, I still "tuck them in", which is really just an excuse for private time with each of them, one-on-one.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010