Do you let your children watch movies rated older than their age?

Do you let your children under the age of 11 watch PG-13 movies? Sometimes, never, all the time? How about children watching PG movies who are under the age of 7?

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 9:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids have only seen a hanful of G rated movies, and they are ages 4 & 6.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Only if we've seen it first.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I'll probably be judged for this, but yeah, my Husband and I do let Our Son watch movies that aren't age-appropriate. However, they aren't movies that have violence/sex/nudity, or more than a few swear words (if any). We do care enough to keep Him from seeing/hearing things like that. But it's not often that He sees PG or PG-13 movies..pretty rare, actually.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes, as long as I have seen it first he can watch most movies. He is 5 and his favorite movie right now is Transformers.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• depends on the movie.. my 2 and 4 year old love harry potter indiana jones jurassic park, star wars... i see nothing wrong with any of those movies if they dont scare them.. which they dont....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes all the time, as long I know there is not any foul language or sexual scenes.
    MsVanillaCNN

Answer by MsVanillaCNN at 9:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• yes, depends on whether i have seen it, and if it is on TV or DVD.. My son loves King Kong, (black and white version)it is rated PG and he is 5. But I didn't see too much wrong with it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yep. Sure do. This is not a disney household, and as long as I have previewed it, they're allowed to watch it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes, all the time. My daughter is 5 and we go to PG movies all the time. Of course I dont' take her to movies where she can be exposed to sexual scenes and really bad language, but I don't really care if she hears the word "ass" in a movie because she knows better than to use it.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The movie rating system is hard to follow. Most Disney/Pixar movies are rated PG. My son is 4 and he's allowed to watch them. He's not allowed to watch any movies with sex, violence and bad language.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010