Can baby asprin help prevent a miscarriage?

What other things can be done to prevent miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• aspirin can encourage bleeding and should not be taken at all during a pregnancy, especially during the first trimester.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't think you can prevent a miscarriage if your body doesn't have a problem. You would be suprised at how many woman have one or two miscarriages and then go on to have normal pregnancies after that with no help. I had 2 miscarriages and I was lucky enough to have a Dr. who decided to go ahead and test me for anything and everything it could be. Usually they wait until you have 3 miscarriages. Found out I have a blood clotting disorder that only shows up when I'm preggo. They started me on baby asprin and lovenox (a shot in my belly daily during the whole 9 months) when I got preggo for a 3rd time.....I now have two kids and almost ready to deliver my 3rd and haven't had another miscarriage. So the answer to your question is yes or no....it depends on your body.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• layh41407...sorry but you are wrong. I am on 1 baby asprin a day and lovenox (a blood thinner injection) and have been for 3 pregnancies. Again...it depends on your body. I would speak to your Dr. about it before taking anything though.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have had 3 miscariages and two kids. It is due to the fact that I have a double uterus and have to take medication for a seizure disorder. All three were before my DD 17 years ago, I am 36 and spotting a little at 6 weeks. It took me 10 years to even get pregnant agian and do not want to lose it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• kristinashely
    In a typcial pregnancy, I am right. They DO discourage using aspirin or aspirin products during pregnancy. Just because YOUR doctor says it's OK FOR YOU, please do not advertise it as a 'normally' ok thing. I have a friend that is allergic to motrin and tylenol and can usually only take aspirin for pain and her OB said that it was dangerous and could cause a miscarriage and she should only take it if she felt she truely could not tolerate the pain.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• you normally don't take asprin in pregnancy but when you have problems carrying a baby they tell you to take a baby asprin. a baby asprin is only 81 mg and they say not to take it after the first trimester. layh41407 it is weird that she is allergic to motrin and tylenol normally when someone is allergic to motrin or other Ibuprofen products they are allergic to asprin not tylenol. my husband is allergic to asprin and ibuprofen his fingers lips and throat swells.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The doctor said something about a binding agent. She's allergic to Mucinex as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010