How many of you actually had your water break on its own?

With my first pregnancy I went into labor and got to like a 6 or 7 before they decided to break my water. I was just curious what the likeliness was of my water breaking on its own this pregnancy!? Did anyone have to have their water broke my their doctor their first pregnancy but not their second pregnancy!?

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My water broke on its own w/my second child, I was already at the hospitall, in labor and my water broke while I was walking around the room
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• not I. 2 of my 3 were born "under the veil".
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My water broke on it's own for both of my pregnancies. It was my first clue to go to the hospital. The first time it was just a small, steady dribble. The second time it was like freakin Niagra Falls!! LOL!! I actually heard and felt the pop then GUSSHHHHHHH!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i am getting ready to have kids number 7&8 i have yet to experience it lol but i want to....... i think
    natalieumphrey

Answer by natalieumphrey at 9:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Mine broke on its own the second time. I was actually getting my epidural at the time, and it was probably less than 30 minutes before my son was born.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• That happened to me...........
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my water broke all on its own at the hospital
    DelaneyD

Answer by DelaneyD at 9:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Broke a week before my labor started with one and baby was coming out in it with the next, almost a caul.

Your water is very likely to break on it's own. (Babies birthed in the caul happens only rarely.)

(And it doesn't *have* to be broken, this is an intervention you may choose to avoid.)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My water didn't break with either of my kids. The dr had to break both. My sister in-laws water broke with 2 of her 3 pregnancies. I think it all depends on the person.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• broke with the first, I was at home. Dr broke water with the 2nd. I think it just depends on the pregnancy, no two pregnancies or deliveries are alike
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010