Has anyone tried those teething tablets by hylands?

I read an artical at the doctors office that stated they were recalled. Did you ever use them and have a negative reaction with your baby? I used them with both my babies and had no reaction! It always seemed to help them with the discomfort.

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used them and loved them
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I used them too and loved them. We did notice that when we gave them to her it would help her and make her sleepy...then we noticed they started making her hyper. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I stopped using them when the recall took place. I plan on picking up some more in hopes that they are ok and still available
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 9:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i tried them with my 2 youngest and they did not help one bit. i even tried them myself when i had a bit of a tooth ache and they did not take any of the pain away.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I was using them recently until I found out about the recall. We've had no negative reactions.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• no it didn't appeal to me at all
    natalieumphrey

Answer by natalieumphrey at 9:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm230764.htm

Here is a link to the information of the recall
    jem102675

Comment by jem102675 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I know before I used them with my first daughter I did bring them into the doctors office and asked the doc if they were alright for her to have them and they told me yes that it would help out with the teething discomfort!
    jem102675

Comment by jem102675 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I found this:

"Adverse events have been reported but the FDA has said that a conclusive link has NOT been determined. The company, in working with the FDA, has identified manufacturing processes of Teething Tablets that can be improved to ensure uniformity in dosage. As a homeopathic product, Hyland’s Teething Tablets have a wide margin of safety that protects consumers from harm.

After in-depth analysis, a comprehensive review of the company’s adverse event report log, and more than 85 years of safe usage, the company is confident that Hyland’s Teething Tablets are safe for infants and toddlers."

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I love them and still will use them~
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I used them with both of my grandkids. They were a life saver. I wish they had been around when my oldest was teething for 2 solid years.. The only thing I noticed was in the evening they could make it more difficult for them to get to sleep.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010