Does the morning sickness ever end?

When I get sick, I get really sick and it isn't helping me, does the morning sickness ever go away?

mom2be_25

Asked by mom2be_25 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes,at your baby's birth!
    It usually last thru the 1st trimester

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I'm 32 weeks along and I still get sick....I randomly throw up probably 3 to 4 times a week now. It used to be 3 or 4 times a day for the longest time.
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• it's not common for it to last through the whole pregnancy. have you tried those sour apple strips of candy? I'm sure they sound awful. You can also tell your doc to put you on Zofran but it didn't work for me. GL
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Jeanclaudia, I am actually on it because I have hyperemesis and if I am not on it, I would be in the hospital hooked to an I.V. , but the 4mg stopped working and they have me on 8mg and I have no clue what to do it that stops working. I am only 11 weeks as of tomorrow.
    mom2be_25

Comment by mom2be_25 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I had hyperemesis with all three of my pregnancies. I was hospitalized for the first two pregnancies for a week each time. I was on an IV drip, not allowed to eat, watch tv, read, talk on the phone. It was awful. It passed by the fourth month thank God. Hang in there. I tried all the tips, crackers, etc. It didn't work.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Every pregnancy different. my last i had it for the first two trimesters but talk to your doctor he/she might prescrib u something.
    mbrown215

Answer by mbrown215 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• For me morning sickness ended right around the beginning of the second trimester. Hang in there Momma!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2010