How do you dispose of your dirty diapers?

I live in an apartment, and I always would just wrap up the dirty diaper and double bag it with a grocery store bag. I am not a crazy tree-hugger person, but I try to do my part and realize, that this not good for the environment. I do recycle anything I can. To those of you who are eco-friendly and using disposable diapers, (can you be both? LOL) how do you trash them? What is your procdure? Thanks a bunch. FYI-I am posting this anonymous so that if there are crazy 'tree-hugger' people out there reading this they can't stalk me, LOL. No hard feelings I really just want to do what I can. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• Mine are out of diapers. What I would do is flip turds into the toilet and flush. Then wrap diaper inside itself. Use a newspaper thingy to drop it in if necessary, and twist and basically double bag it w/ the same one bag. Alternatively, taking it out completely to the garbage outside.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 4:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• heres my thing. If I like disposable diapers shouldnt that company put a greater effort into making those diapers more eco-friendly? Now for the disposal part. My baby only has 1 or 2 poopy diapers a day and the wet ones dont stink. So if the diaper is REALLY nasty I run it out reight away otherwise I just throw it in the trash and we empty or trash in the morning (usually AFTER he has had his poopy diapers) However he is on nutramigen and I have heard once you start introducing solids you see and smell some funky stuff in those diapers. He is only 2 months old so they are not too bad
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• We use the Diaper Genie 2 and LOVE IT!!
    Anonymous