Has your life turned out anything like you thought it would be when you were 16 years old?

If not, what's different from what you thought?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 9:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I thought I would NEVER want to have kids and I would be famous for some reason.. So glad my life turned out the way it did!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• For the most part. I wanted to be married to the man of my dreams, and be a mom, and I have done that. And, the icing on the cake is, I'm also now a Grandma! I also wanted to be a journalist, and an author, haven't done that yet, but I'm hoping to start that very soon.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I thought I'd be happily married and in a great career making good money and be not well off, but not struggling. I mean I guess I'm "happily" married. The only thing that makes it not a 100% happy marriage is money. My DH spends WAY WAY WAY more than we both make and we both get way under paid at our jobs; but this is not the economy to go looking for a new one.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Not at all! I thought I'd have 2 kids and have to work outside of the home. I had plans to get through school and become an Accountant. I have 4 kids now and I'm a stay at home mom...wouldn't change a thing ;)
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• no not at all
    thought i would find a great man and be happy
    married a cheating as
    then ended up with a sexual creep
    have a child with autism
    and had to move back to my moms at 45 yrs old

now, i am depressed
    and my mom eats like a horse
    she is eating spagetti right now,
    take me away!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I had my first child when I was 16, I pretty much accepted then that our idealistic views of reality aren't what they seemed to be. Now, well... I look forward to what is to come, who knows. I'm not even going to guess :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No. Thank God. At 16, I lost my best friend in a car accident. She was riding with me and 11 other girls in a pick up truck. I never forgave myself for surviving that accident. I always thought my family and friends thought that I should have died. It took me many, many years to overcome that thought. At 16, I thought my life was hopeless.
    Anonymous

• Well, Im a single parent. Ive been raising my two kids alone for 7 yrs. At 16 Im sure I would have hoped to marry a man that would be there forever. But,,,at 16, I also would have known that I could get through anything life brought me. I think our deep down belief system stays with us our whole life.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Unfortunately my goal at 16 was to be dead by 21. Thank goodness I finally have my soulmate and two beautiful children!
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• kinda i knew i wanted to get married and have kids and be a SAHM but my first engagement ended at 18 my second ended at 18 then i met a ok guy then i fell in love with him then we had kids,, now after almost 6 years and 2 boys together were getting married.. so im getting to the same point, just a different road....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010