free makeup foundation samples?

I use to always buy clinique foundation but I've been going through some financial struggles lately that I can't afford that makeup no more so i'm looking for the regular store brand make up like CG ,Maybaline etc. but unlike the department stores U can't try out n find ur shade there and because of that i'm afraid of choosing the wrong skin tone. does anyone know where i can get free samples of the retail foundation brands so i can find my skintone before i go out and buy one?

NewMom3-4-2011

Asked by NewMom3-4-2011 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• no, try AVON
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:07 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If you do a little research you might be able to find a Customer Service number for Cover Girl or another brand. If you call them they might be able to tell you which of their colors closely match a more expensive brand's certain color.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• He's another option...I know that mineral makeup companies will sell you small quantities of different colors for you to find the right match. You can use them that way or add them to a little bit of your favorite facial moisturizer and wahla...the perfect makeup HOMEMADE.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I know the company I work for sells samples of foundations but it's not the brands you are looking for
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Always buy what you think will be lighter. Lighter is SO much easier to correct because you can mix it with some loose bronzer, put bronzer over it, and apply blush!! Don't ever buy darker than you think because it will be noticeable. I use clinique too. Try asking them for samples. Go to a clinque you usually don't go to. Then, you have the sample for when you have something really special to do you will have the foundation you love :) Also, if you go to the mall (I know this sounds bad) but you could go to Macy's to get a sample...& sephora...lol. Just a thought!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 1:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Totally AVON they have samples and will let you return it if you don't like it!!! Walgreens lets u return as well with the wrong color!! Just save all recipts!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010