what do I now that he knows I'm preggo?

ok I just found out I'm pregnant about 7 weeks. I am 19. I  am financially ready as well as emotionally. I have a job with insurance a car and live independently and rent my own apartment. I have wanted a kid in the next two years. This isn't my ex's baby. It's a guy whos friends with someone who knows my friends. I don't really need anything from him but I found he's actually gay or I guess bisexual. He's been with a guy for 6 years. I feel like this is going to cause a lot of trouble. He knows I'm pregnant and he's said he'd want to not just be a sperm donor and would want to be in the childs life. Thing is I rather not for several reasons and I don't know how to get out of it. I'd just rather raise the baby on my own. Anyway how can I get what I and still have less drama?

justagirl18

Asked by justagirl18 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• OMG. Im at a loss for words...
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Thats his baby, you have no right to now let him into the childs life. If you didn't want the father to be a part of it, you should have gone to a sperm bank.
    Lesson #1 in parenthood: Its not about what YOU want, its what is best for baby (example: having a father!)
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Gays make great dads. My dad was gay. Don't shut the guy out. The child will never want for anything and will be loved so much that it's just great.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• He has ever right to know his child if he want to. Sorry but the courts will be on his side unless he is unfit and then they would still more than likely allow supervised visits.
    Anonymous

• Unforunately a father has every right to be in his childs life. Unless you can proof before a court that he is unfit, meaning, he is abusive in someway. But in my opinion I would give him a chance to be a dad. coming from someone who didn't have a father growing up you need to give him a chance that way your child will not blame you.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If he wants to be a part of his child's life you have no right to keep him out of it. I applaud any man that actually wants to be a father. Do not deprive your child of her/his father.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Did you just choose a random guy to sleep with?! How immature of you to just want to get pregnant with no intention of doing that with a potential husband!!!
    Anonymous

• wow. I don't think you are really being very fair. You know how many guys wouldn't be willing to step up? You and this baby are lucky in that sense. This man deserves to know his child. After all he helped create it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Guess you should've thought about this beforehand, don't you think?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If you think that is anymore your baby than it is his, you are VERY mistaken. I'd take a step back and look at the situation, think about what is best for your child. Not having a father in the picture when he says he wants to be around is not your choice. It takes TWO to tango and if you cant respect that he is the father than maybe your not grown up enough to be having sex AND maybe your not grown up enough to be having a baby.
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010