My throat hurts

I think my daughter is coming down with something, this morning she had like runny nose and right now she is telling me that her throat hurts. Any advice on what can I give her for her throat?

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• i have had to battle with seriously awful sore throats since i was 8 was suppose to get my tonsils taken out but never happened and now that im 25 i have no insurance, what i have found to work is ice, warm tea with honey. or putting something warm like a warm rag over my throat. things to deff not to do is give her things for sore throat i know that sounds odd but when i had one of my many sore throat escapade i had to be taken to the hospital, i had been taken lozenges all day all kinds the doc said it only makes it worse. hope this kinda helps.
    KaisMother

Answer by KaisMother at 9:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It does, thanks a lot KaisMother.
    bratgirln1

Comment by bratgirln1 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My kids Doctor is going back to the old remedies ..... hot lemon and honey. Funnily enough my throat has just started hurting and I ache like hell. Gonna go get myself a warm fruit tea and stick some lemon and honey in there.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 10:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I'm sucking on a Luden's Wild Cherry Lozenge right now. My 13 year old hates anything that tastes like medicine- get some but you'll have to hide them, they taste like candy.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• CRANBERRY JUICE, CRANBERRY JUICE, CRANBERRY JUICE! Cranberry juice naturally cleanses the body and helps it heal, think about it, when you or someone you know is in the hospital, what do they give them? Cranberry juice. I keep cranberry juice in my home, and as a result my children are pretty covered when it comes to sore throats and colds. Very seldom do I deal with colds in my household, and I have 9. Give your child golden-seal, Garlic (odorless) and Echinacea (you can find these herbs in the herb store or health food section of your grocery store), just in case she is coming down with a full blown cold. Be blessed.
    Lordgivemewizdm

Answer by Lordgivemewizdm at 12:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Popsicles???? Maybe tea with honey??? Poor baby, I hate it when kids are sick :((
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have had the same sniffles and runny nose junk going on in my house. We just got some homeopathic ear drops and it has stopped everything! The ingredient you need to look for is Mullinax. It helps stop drainage which is probably what's causing the sore throat. I'd ask at a health food store, they'll show you the different remedies. They're all natural, safe, and lots cheaper than Dr's office visit and meds that don't always work. Praying you find relief soon. I know how miserable it is to have your sweet girl not feel good.
    Carrielayne

Answer by Carrielayne at 1:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• when i was little my mom always made me goggle with that arm and hammer stuff that keeps your fridge fresh ( i cant think of the name right now) and water. dont put too much. but you have to goggle all of it so just put as much as you can take. do that for a couple of days and it would be gone. i do that all the time now. then when my throat hurts so bad that i cant even swallow i have to spray the throat numing stuff in my mouth then i can eat and drink. i hopr your daugghter feels better.
    dement

Answer by dement at 1:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Childrens Motrin, and popsicles.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:23 AM on Nov. 22, 2010