My daughter fell in the bathroom around 8:15 tonight, she hit the back of her head on the toilet, now she's ready to go to seep. Should I let her? She does have a knot.

She is 9 yrs old

kahlillbrown

Asked by kahlillbrown at 9:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• How is she acting? Strange?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Is she nauseous? Is she dizzy? did she loose consciousness?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Check to see if her eyes are dilating with a flash light. If they are then most likely shes fine
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 9:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Ice on and off for a while on the injury. Are her pupils the same size? I'd probably let her go to bed at her regular time but get her up every hour, but that's just my policy. Call the doctor on call or the ER nurse and ask what they would recommend.

Answer by Bmat at 9:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Is she dizzy, has she thrown up or feel like she's going to throw up, did she black out? If not, then she's probably fine. If you live on the east coast - it is almost 10pm and that's pretty late for a 9yr old. But if it would make you feel better, keep her awake until about 11:30-12 to be safe and make sure she doesn't exhibit any symptoms. After that put her to bed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• About the only thing a doctor will do is keep her in observation. projectile vomiting is about the only sign. If it has been an hour and she is not acting any differently, let her go to sleep.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• She's acting just find.. But she said her head hurts. I gave her some pain medicine. Let me check her eyes for dilation.
    kahlillbrown

Comment by kahlillbrown (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would just let her go to bed. honestly the fact it swelled is a good sign. It means the inflammation/blood is pushing out and not on the reverse side of the skull into the brain.
    Anonymous

• my kids have fallen and hit their heads a few times while they were just playing. what we had to do was we let them go to bed on time but we would wake them up every other hour to make sure they were okay.
    timsangel

Answer by timsangel at 10:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Ok, u guys have been a lot of help!! Thanks a lot
    kahlillbrown

Comment by kahlillbrown (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010