kinda gross but for you dog lovers i could use your help! esp. those w/ a PUGGLE!

My puggle is almost 2 yrs old.. and he has TERRIBLE gas. its so awful that he cant even sit in the same room as us and with the little girls anymore.. i feel terrible for him because he is our little snugglie dog.. but he just stinks. and its every 10 minutes...hes constantly liking his bottom too. I need to get ahold of my vet, and plan too, but do you think I am just feeding him the wrong food? or something worse is going on? He hasnt always been this way.. and we've changed his food several times.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pets

• Yes, change foods. Find something that has no corn products in it at all.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i have a puggle and while she can get gassy at times, it's not like you describe. My sweetie is 3 1/2 years old. I feed her Hills Science diet and have since I got her when she was 7 months old.
    What kind of treats do you give her?
    Does she get any kind of table food?
    I'm just trying to help you brain storm ideas of what may be causing this.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Make sure you are feeding a good quality food. Supreme like Blue Buffalo or Nature Recipe or at least a premium food like Purina ONE or Eukanuba. If you do change food change them slowly by mixing the two together for a few days so as not to upset the tummy. Avoid people food! A lot of dog also can get gassy from the beggin strips type treats. Stick with milk bones and not more than 1-2 a day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• we stopped giving treats to see if that was the problem.. and yes, he gets into some table food!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Little dogs usually have a harder time digesting things than big dogs to, so try to get something especially for little dogs. We have a Chiranian and we are more careful of what she eats than or big dog.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Maybe he needs his anal glands expressed.
    JudesMomma

Answer by JudesMomma at 10:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree, change the dog's diet, it can make a big difference. I like to fee Fromm's surf n turf. But I had a bulldog owner use solid gold hund n flocken for gas issues with complete success. Good luck!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• What do you feed him? I agree that the food needs to be changed but don't just pick a food to switch him to do your research. pick some food you think might be a good choice and then check out this site  http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/   I personally prefer holistic foods over the foods that you see daily at regular pet stores and grocery stores , it is a much better quality.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No table food, try a grain free diet for awhile. A trip to the vet is a good idea. Small dogs have touchy digestive systems, and table food is not helping that. They do have a probiotic packet you can get at the pet store or from your vet, you sprinkle on the dogs food, our dog loves it. He has nice formed tight poops. Cheap food with a bunch of grain, and cereal fillers make for gas and land mines.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2010