is jergens lotion okay to use on my younger kids? (3 nd 5 years old)

they have such dry skin, they do not get bathed daily, i have been using baby lotion on them yet but it just is not helping. is jergens overnight repair okay to use on them, primarily their hands/arms and butt/thighs?

annanonnymommy

Asked by annanonnymommy at 10:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• yes it is ok to use but if you are afraid try to use it on a small part in their body to see if it doesn't cause allergies.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 4:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Don't see why not. Unless they have a reaction to it, I'd go for it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Check the ingredients but honestly none of these lotions are good and for the crap they have in them, they are very expensive. You're better off with Unrefined Organic Shea Butter...it's all natural and you can use it on them, on you, on your pets with no worry. It's amazing for the hair as well and no grease left over mess. I swear by this stuff.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my kids both have really sensitive skin.... but I use jergens and have never had a problem
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Try something without fragrances/dyes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Eucerin is good.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Jergens isn't really safe for anyone:   

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse.php?brand_id=449&showmore=products&start=0&order=webscore+DESC

Make sure that they drink lots of water, and eat healthy fats (like avocado). Olive oil or coconut oil are both great on skin, and quite safe.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010