How do I tell him?? Really grossed out!

My husband has had bad hygiene problems in the past 3 days he hasn't brushed his teeth!!! How do I know?? Because his toothbrush has not moved from the drawer I put it in plus there is no toothpaste downstairs where I put it. How do I tell him to start taking care of himself...it is really grossing me out and when I say something to him about this topic he gets pissed off like he's embarrassed or something??
Any other spouses have a problem like this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• i told my hubby straight up that its a turn off. and before i knew it, the guy was brushing his teeth after every meal. lol. good luck. some guys take it really personally, some dont. thank god mine didnt... if you think your hubby will be to sensitive about it, try to find a way to hint to him that you love it when he smells like tooth paste or something. lol
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 3:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Just tell him its gross and he needs to brush his dang teeth! Its kinda blunt, but he's your DH. Wouldn't you want him to tell you if you were in a similar situation? I would!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Maby he's not brushing because there isn't any tooth paste lol. My husband was having B.O. problems for a week I told him he stunk and he said it was because he ran out of deodrent and I hadn't bought him any. Men are babies some time they need a little EXTRA help.
    momontherun32

Answer by momontherun32 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My hubby is gross too. While he's naked he clips his toe nails at the sink with one leg hiked up on the counter.
    Anonymous

• Tell him to brush or he won't get any.
    goldstarmom

Answer by goldstarmom at 3:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• THanks for the feedback...they were all good.
    Anonymous

• My husband won't go to the dentist. He Listerines and brushes at least once a day, but he needs to see the dentist, he's done too much damage to his teeth. I've been after him for awhile about this, but haven't had much luck. I think I need to tell him that it kinda grosses me out if I want to see results, but I avoid hurting him whenever possible...

I think plenty of us have this problem, it's just about getting your man to care...and how much you want to push the issue. Good luck, mama!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• TELL HIS ASS TO BRUSH HIS TEETH. HE IS NOT 5 YEARS OLD SO HE KNOWS THAT BAD BREATH IS NOT SEXY AND IS A TURN OFF. IF YOU AIN'T BRUSH YOUR TEETH FOR LIKE A WEEK, I'M SURE HE WOULD HAVE PLENTY TO SAY. PUT SOME TOOTHPASTE WHERE YOU PUT HIS TOOTHBRUSH, OR MOVE THE TOOTHBRUSH BACK WHERE YOU GOT IT FROM. DON'T BE AFRAID TO TELL HIM SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT WITH HIS BO. IF HE GETS UPSET TELL HIM TO STOP ACTING SO STANK! DAMN IF HE WANTS TO ACT LIKE A BABY BRUSH HIS TEETH FOR HIM, AND DON'T FORGET THE MOUTHWASH!
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 3:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

lol.... yeah, that's a possibility! Sounds like something mine would do!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My husband smokes and I told him if he wants sex with me he has to take a shower..He does too.

Answer by louise2 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008