Am I the only one that has never cooked any part of of Thanksgiving?

I have a control freak mother so I have never had to do anything but bring an appetizer or bottle of wine. 40 years old and never cooked a turkey, I feel like I've missed a rite of passage.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 10:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Nope I never have and I probably never will. We don't live close to family so we just go out to eat.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We usually go over to family's house so I have never cooked either.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I never have either. I have always been at my parents for Thanksgiving. The only year I didn't go there was in college. My roommate's family came up and had Thanksgiving with us and a couple of our other friends. I wasn't allowed near a stove at that time.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I never have, but I'm only 21. I leave the cooking to my grandma and my aunts.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Make one for yourself some other week - we do turkeys here all the time. They're dirt cheap this week, so we buy extras to have later in the year when they go back up to triple the price later in the year.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Hey - get a cheap turkey - now is the time to purchase and make one. I LOVE Turkey.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Nope- my mom makes everything- I asked her what to bring and she told me rolls =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i have done it every year for 4 years or so.....but my grandparents used to do it and its too much for them anymore so i do the work and they come here. but i always have atleast a couple helpers.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• You need to have your own pre-thanksgiving complete with all the fixings :). No reason not too!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I used to but ever since I met dh I pretend I don't know how to cook and when I do I burn everything so he cooks from start to finish... I know its mean but it works :)
    Debalexxa

Answer by Debalexxa at 10:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010