Mess free markers...

Have your kids used the clear markers that only show up on paper? Do they like them? Do you? Would my 2.5 year old like something like that for Christmas?

Sharell8710

Asked by Sharell8710 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids (3 yrs and 19 mos) and I love them. We do still make them use it ONLY on paper and ONLY at the table so they're not learning bad habits, but it's nice not to have to stand over them the whole time they're coloring. And they (especially the 19-mo-old) like the markers over crayons because they don't have to push so hard to get color to show up, so they get frustrated less easily.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• yes and no. I like the mess free aspect but I don't like the fact that the color is delayed so they are not really learning how to cotrol what they are drawing . It is like a 1-1.5 second delay from paper to the color showing up fully.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My daughter doesn't use them, but I'd love for her too.

I also found out yesterday in Wal-Mart that they make mess free finger paint! The finger paint is clear in the container and doesn't show up on clothing or furniture. It only shows up on the paper. I thought they only made things like this for markers, but nope, finger paint too! Maybe Santa will bring her some this year. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We've given them to younger nieces and nephews and they and our siblings (their parents) LOVE them!! Its like magic to the kids and no mess for the parents.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't give them to a toddler, because they're solvent rather than ink --which can do unpredictable things to paint, glass and fabric and you'll find out what after a couple of days.

I'm seein' scribbling on the leather couch that 'develops' in about a week.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my 18 month old loves them, and she can color in the living room and likes the independance from being stuck in her high chair to use the crayons.....
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My son has played with these since he was about 18 months old. He's now 3 and he still loves them. And I love the fact that it's one less thing I have to clean!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The Crayola sets are very nice and the kids love them.  I was just looking at some today at Amazon.com.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 10:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010