How do you prep n cook your thanksgiving turkey

3lilcoconuts

Asked by 3lilcoconuts at 10:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I use one of those baking bags for turkey. I stuff the turkey with an orange or two. Then I rub honey and sage on the turkey, in the bag. Add orange juice and flour (according to the instructions) and bake until gold brown.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I've brined it and it was pretty good but we like the basic, stuff it with lemons and oranges, cover it in butter and S&P and whatever seasonings we are wanting then cook at 350 for about 4 hours, uncover and basting every 15 minutes the last hour.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I rub salt inside the cavity and add parsley and garlic to the outside and cook 20 minutes per pound with a cover until the last hour then when it comes out I cover it back up and let it sit for at least 20 minutes
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• rub it with poultry seasoning, butter, Lawrey's seasoned salt, inside and out. Bake in a Reynold's oven bag. Always get lots of compliments.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:46 AM on Nov. 21, 2010