Can I wear a St. Jude necklace if I'm not Catholic?

I'm a Christian....nondenominational. Can someone inform me of what it all means? I've heard its a necklace you can wear because there are no lost causes. I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why would you?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Im wearing one right now...lol. I was raised catholic but am now a christian. How wierd, I never even thought about it before...I love my St.Jude necklace.
    Anonymous

• You can wear anything you want to, but if you don't believe in praying to the Saints and the power of their protection in wearing their medals.....why would you?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My grandfather always carried 2 St. Christopher's medals in his pockets - the saint of travelers. He was born, raised and died a Jew. I suppose that he figured it couldn't hurt and could possibly help. He was a big traveler and always had wanderlust.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• hmmm true. twinsplusmore....never htought of it that way. I only believe in praying to God. So...I guess I shouldn't wear it lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't see why not my mom wore motley crüe earrings and she wasn't a head banger...lol (she's in her 50's)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't see why it would matter. St. Jude represents some admirable qualities. I myself wear a celtic tree of life necklace. I am not pagan, in fact I am a Christian, but to me the Tree represents a nice philosophy and it honors my celtic ancestors.

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• you can wear whatever you want, who's gonna stop ya and what authority does anyone have to tell a total stranger they can't?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If you want to. There are other denominations of Christianity who also understand the meaning of the saints. Saint Jude was one of Jesus' 12 apostles and is often asked to pray with us for lost causes, or desperate situations.  This is totally up to you, there is nothing sacred or special about the necklace, but it can be a reminder to us to pray more throughout the day.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You can wear anything you want.

Answer by older at 8:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010